March 4, 2022
Porcelain veneers are an extremely popular cosmetic dental treatment and for good reason. In as few as two appointments, they can transform your smile and boost your confidence. Part of having them is being motivated to maintain their gleaming white appearance. But can you drink coffee with veneers? Keep reading to find out from your cosmetic dentist in Colleyville.
Are Stains a Worry for Veneers?
Dark-pigmented beverages like red wine, cola, tea, and coffee are definitely staining threats to natural teeth. But does that also apply to porcelain veneers? They are very durable and stain-resistant compared to your teeth. However, that isn’t the same as stain-proof. Over time, a cup of coffee every day can dull them. Temporary veneers stain easier than your long-term ones. On that note, it’s best to avoid coffee while you need to wear your temporary set.
What Should You Do If Your Veneers Get Stained?
If your veneers are stained, there’s no need to panic because you do have some solution options. Even though professional whitening treatments aren’t an effective solution for them, you can consider methods like:
- Reglazing them
- Polishing them
- Professional dental cleaning
- Specialized toothpaste
- Replacing them
How Can You Maintain a Gleaming Grin That Looks Like New?
Veneers may not stain as easily as natural teeth, but they can still become discolored over time. Fortunately, you can prevent staining by taking the following precautions:
- Limit your intake of dark-colored foods and drinks. The best way to avoid a discolored smile is by limiting your consumption of dark-colored foods and drinks like coffee, red wine, tea, and soy sauce. If you choose to consume these items, make sure you use a straw to minimize contact!
- Avoid smoking. It can stain your veneers, causing the edges to look brownish.
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brushing twice a day plus flossing and rinsing with an ADA-approved mouthwash daily will eliminate stain-causing particles.
- Wear a mouthguard. Make sure you protect your teeth against oral injuries! Teeth that experience trauma or damage can become discolored due to ruined dentin.
So, can you drink coffee with veneers? If you’re a coffee-lover, it’s best to limit the amount you drink. By reducing your intake, you can help them stay bright and healthy-looking for many years!
About the Practice
At The DFW Dental Implant Center, we strive to offer patients top-tier implant, cosmetic, and general dentistry. When you are considering a cosmetic dental treatment, we offer porcelain veneers, porcelain onlays, tooth-colored fillings, and professional teeth whitening. All veneers are custom-made in our onsite lab, and they can address multiple flaws with only one procedure. To get started, you can schedule a consultation on our website or by calling (817) 440-7133.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.